Tips To Chartering A Bus
Bus charter service is available in many areas of the U.S. and is an excellent way to get a large group of people to a specific place. Whether you want to rent a “party bus” as the designated driver to take your group out on the town for the evening in the city or you need to travel a long distance for a sightseeing tour, your local bus service can get you there quickly, safely and at a price much more affordable than flying or driving yourselves individually. Often times though, one may not know where to go to rent a bus or what to expect in doing so. Here are a few tips that you may find to be helpful the next time you are in need of a bus.
– Get on your computer and look up a bus service in your area. There is no price comparison list for this type of travel, so you can expect to be on the telephone for awhile if you want to get the best price available. Also, hourly rates (for local transport) and mileage rates (for longer trips) are pretty standard. Tolls are usually calculated into the cost of the trip when you book it, but be sure to ask just to be sure.
– Ask about the companies insurance and safety record. You will want to know that your party is in good hands, especially if you are traveling a great distance.
– Try to book your trip as far in advance as possible. Doing so will allow for a larger, better selection of bus equipment. Ask about their cancellation policy too, just in case.
– Know the rules and regulations of your bus service. Drivers can usually only drive a set number of hours in a day. For overnight stays, the driver should have a room made available for him to rest, just like the rest of your party.
– Have fun and relax! Most drivers are experienced professionals. It is their job to get you to your destination in the fastest, most efficient way possible.
The best policy to follow is to ask each company you are considering for a written quote. This will allow you to see a hard copy of the fees charged by a bus charter service, and let you compare several different companies more effectively. Plus, it will eliminate the surprise of hidden charges before you start your trip!
Find More Charter Articles